Sub-1 GHz RF Spectrum Analyzer Tool
- Spectrum Analyzer (MSP-SA430-SUB1GHZ) User's Guide (Rev. B)
(PDF 313 KB)
16 Nov 2011 536 views
The MSP-SA430-SUB1GHZ Spectrum Analyzer is CC430-based reference design that can be used to implement an easy and affordable tool to jumpstart RF development in the sub GHz frequency range. More and more electronic devices include a built-in RF link. RF transceivers are inexpensive - but the equipment to design and debug such systems is not. The CC430-based spectrum analyzer provides an affordable development tool that reduces the time needed on expensive measurement equipment. The system is recognized as a USB device and is operated from a powerful yet simple graphical user interface that is available for free to download.
The CC430 microcontroller that the SA430 is based on is a highly integrated system-on-chip featuring an on-board sub-GHz radio chip based on the CC1101.
- Screen: Minimum 800x600, better 1024 x 768
- Supported OS: Windows® XP 32 bit, Windows® Vista 32/64 bit, Windows® 7 32/64 bit
- Memory: 200 MB free HDD
- Connection: One USB 2.0 port
- Based on the sub-1GHz CC430 MCU
- CC430/MSP-SA430-SUB1GHZ Supported Frequency Ranges:
- 300 – 348 MHz
- 389 – 464 MHz
- 779 – 928 MHz
- Minimal Frequency Step: 397 Hz typ.
- Maximum input level: -40 dBm typ (range extendable with attenuators)
- Minimum detectable level: -100 dBm typ.
- Level Resolution: 0.5 dB
- Open source QT-based Graphical User Interface (GUI)
- Flexible GUI allows developers to set desired frequency range and amplitude to measure
- Configurable to show continuous sweep readings or single snapshots
- Up to 4 traces can be visualized on the GUI, which can be configured to show maximum, average or actual readings.
- Markers are available for easy measurement readings. These markers can be controlled manually using a jog wheel, or dynamic based on auto peak detection
- The GUI view can be configured to show grids, customizable labels, inverted colors and other options
- Screenshot capability is available to record readings as .pdf or .png file types.
- Traces can be exported as comma separated file
- Configuration settings for the GUI can be saved and loaded for future measurements
- MSP-SA430-SUB1GHZ Spectrum Analyzer
- USB Cable
- CD with a Microsoft Windows Graphical User Interface (GUI) and Documentation
- Quickstart Guide