Bluetooth Wearable Watch development system with Digital display
The Meta Watch is intended for product developers, and is not considered a consumer product.
Before ordering the Meta Watch, please review this forum thread for information regarding devices that connects with Meta Watch. The latest versions of the MSP430™ based Meta Watch wearable development systems includes Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology expanding connectivity to leading Bluetooth 4.0 capable devices including the iPhone 4s and iPad.
In addition, for support questions, please visit the Meta Watch online community.
Meta Watch is a wearable development system that enables rapid development of ‘connected- watch’ applications. With Meta Watch, developers can quickly and easily extend the interfaces of devices and applications to the wrist. The Meta Watch platforms utilize embedded Bluetooth® technology to connect to smartphones, mobile devices and other Bluetooth enabled devices. For support and complete information, visit www.metawatch.org.
- A great looking watch
- An easy-to-use Bluetooth enabled wearable development system
- Fully-tooled; production-ready modules with FCC, CE certification
- Stainless steel case
- Leather strap
- Water-resistant (3 ATM)
- Mineral crystal lens
- Vibrating motor
- Three-axis accelerometer
- Ambient light sensor
- 96x96 Dot Matrix Display - Highly Reflective; easily read in direct sunlight
- 6 Buttons
- Includes programming /charging clip & USB cable
- Ability to easily program through external clip & cable; no need to open watch
- Supports open source projects that support both CCS (Code Composer Studio) and IAR tool chains
- Add your own thread to the watch for special functions
- Use the Meta Watch low-power application framework
- No need to open the watch for in- circuit debugging
- Uses TI SPI-BY-Wire
- Leverage the Bluetooth radio and remote protocol for communication
- Sample code which is an Open Source Android SDK project demonstrating watch connectivity to an Android phone. The project demonstrates watch idle screen use as well as notifications for: CallerID, SMS messages, alarms, calendar events, music control, email and IM.
- Meta Watch is a fully-tooled production unit which lowers the barrier to market entry
- As a development platform it allows users to create custom wearable applications
- Bluetooth technology allows connection to over 3 billion + Bluetooth devices in the market
- Freely available source example code allows for easy development
- Meta Watch community with forums, documentation and links to sample code
- One digital display watch with stainless steel case; mineral crystal lens; leather strap preprogrammed to connect to an Android device out of box
- Programming/charging clip & micro USB cable