Using the TPS40170 PWM Buck Controller, this power management reference design provides a regulated 5V to power 2 USB ports at 2.1A each (total 4.2A) in a small form-factor. The design has been optimized for a nominal 12V input and accepts 8-60V.
- 8 to 60V (12V nominal) input voltage and 5V/4.2A output with TPS40170
- Form factor complies to UL 2089 and ANSI/SAE J563
- Meets BC1.2 for DCP with one TPS2511 per port
- Supports both USB 2.0 and 3.0 power switch requirements
- TPS2511 USB power switch also offers the data line control to charge many devices
- This reference design has been lab tested and is supported with design files and an application note