4.5Vin to 20Vin; 1.8Vout @ 30A; 15mm x 20mm Synchronous Buck Converter
View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
A single-phase synchronous buck converter accepting an input voltage of 4.5Vin to 20Vin and providing an output of 1.8Vout capable of supplying 30A of current. This design features an especially high power density (1.8Vout @ 30A in a 20mm x 15mm board) with single-sided component mounting.
- Tiny converter footprint of 20 mm x 15 mm (0.8" x 0.6")
- Wide input voltage operating range of 3 V to 20 V, 30A output current
- 600-kHz switching frequency, synchronizable to an external clock signal up to 1.2 MHz
- High conversion efficiency: 91% at 1.8 V, 30 A
- Inductor DCR current sensing with remote BJT thermal compensation