powerSUITE Digital Power Supply Software Frequency Response Analyzer Tool for C2000 MCUs
The Software Frequency Response Analyzer (SFRA) is one of several tools included in the powerSUITE Digital Power Supply Design Software Tools for C2000™ Microcontrollers. The SFRA includes a software library that enables developers to quickly measure the frequency response of their digital power converter. The SFRA library contains software functions that inject a frequency into the control loop and measure the response of the system using the C2000 MCUs’ on-chip analog to digital converter (ADC). This process provides the plant frequency response characteristics and the open loop gain frequency response of the closed loop system. The user can then view the plant and open loop gain frequency response on a PC-based GUI. All of the frequency response data is exported into a CSV file, or optionally an Excel spreadsheet, which can then be used to design the compensation loop using the Compensation Designer. The Software Frequency Response Analyzer can be invoked in two ways:
- Launch Standalone:
- Download controlSUITE.
- Navigate to the powerSUITE section of controlSUITE and click on the Software Frequency Response Analyzer icon.
- To understand how the Software Frequency Response Analyzer and the Compensation Designer work together, a case study is outlined in “Chapter 5: Case Study” of the User’s Guide.
- Launch from the Solution Adapter inside powerSUITE:
- Follow the steps on the Solution Adapter tool page.
- Double click on the Software Frequency Response Analyzer icon from within the final step of the configuration process.
- Click ‘Start Sweep’ to measure the frequency response of the digital power design.
- For details on how to use the SFRA with an existing TI development kit, you can refer to the user guide for the development kit and browse to the "Customize Solution Using powerSUITE" section.
To get started using the SFRA in your own design, refer to “Chapter 2: Installing the SFRA Library” of the User’s Guide.
If you have questions, feel free to post them on the C2000 E2E Forum.
- Easy-to-use software library functions for measuring system frequency response
- PC-based GUI for viewing Bode plots of power supply control loops
- The Software Frequency Response Analyzer is included as part of powerSUITE
- Software Frequency Response Analyzer (SFRA) Library Software
- Software Frequency Response Analyzer (SFRA) Library User’s Guide
- PC-based GUI for displaying Bode plots
- Software code example of the SFRA implemented on the C2000 Digital Power
- Training Board