SimpleLink CC13x2 Software Development Kit
|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments or Third Party||Alert Me||Order Options||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
Pricing may vary.
Pricing may vary.
|Contact a Distributor|
Please note that this version of the SimpleLink CC13x2 SDK is for early evaluation only and is validated with pre-production silicon. Software compatibility after updated silicon is released is not guaranteed.
The SimpleLink SDKs are updated regularly, to get the latest release updates click Alert Me above.
The SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz and dual-band CC13x2 software development kit (SDK) provides a comprehensive Sub-1 GHz software package for the Sub-1 GHz CC1312R and Dual-band CC1352R wireless MCUs and includes the following:
- TI 15.4-Stack - IEEE 802.15.4e/g-based star topology networking solution for Sub-1 GHz ISM bands (868MHz, 915MHz, and 433MHz),
- Support for proprietary solutions - Proprietary RF examples for Sub-1 GHz based on the RF driver and EasyLink Abstraction Layer.
- Bluetooth Low Energy stack – Support for all Bluetooth core specification 5.0 features such as 2 Mbps high data rate, 125 kbps and 500 kbps Coded PHY for extended range and Advertisement Extensions.
- Thread stack - Includes tools, application examples, documentation and source code of the Thread 1.1 networking protocol based on openthread (github.com/openthread/openthread), an open-source implementation of the Thread networking stack.
- Multiprotocol support – Support for running Sub-1 GHz and 2.4 GHz protocols concurrently, including, TI 15.4-Stack, Proprietary Sub-1 GHz, and BLE.
The SimpleLink CC13x2 SDK is part of TI’s SimpleLink MCU platform, offering a single development environment that delivers flexible hardware, software and tool options for customers developing wired and wireless applications. For more information about the SimpleLink MCU Platform, visit www.ti.com/simplelink.
This release is available royalty-free to customers using TI’s SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz CC1312R and Dual-band CC1352R wireless MCUs.
- TI 15.4-Stack
- Beacon mode, non-beacon mode and frequency hopping
- Asymmetric security with mBed TLS-PSK for device authentication
- 50 kbit/s and SimpleLink Long Range mode (5 kbit/s)
- Sensor, collector (CSS and IAR) and gateway applications, including compatibility with Sensor-to-cloud Sub-1 GHz technology
- FCC/ETSI certification-ready
- Over-The-Air firmware upgrade for 50 kbit/s and SimpleLink LRM with new image authentication (Secure Boot Manager)
- Support for 863, 915 MHz bands
- Support for CC1312
- Large network support (300 nodes)
- Support for proprietary solutions:
- Packet Tx/Rx
- Listen Before Talk
- Wake-on radio Tx/Rx
- Packet Error rate-meter
- EasyLink Rx/Tx
- EasyLink Network processor
- WSN sensor/concentrator
- WSN Over-the-air-upgrade with external flash with new image authentication (Secure Boot Image Manager) with external flash and internal flash
- Support for 2-GFSK 50 kbps and SimpleLink Long Range mode
- Support for CC1312
- Support for non-RTOS examples in packet Tx/Rx, PER-meter
- Bluetooth 5
- Bluetooth 5 core specification support (LE-only) for High Speed 2 Mbps mode, non-periodic Advertising Extensions (AE), Long Range broadcasts and connections using the LE Coded PHYs
- Implements all previous core Bluetooth 4.0 / 4.1 and 4.2 features including LE Secure Connections, Data Length Extension and Privacy 1.2.x
- Backwards compatible with devices implementing the Bluetooth 4.2 / 4.1 / 4.0 standard
- Project Zero sample application demonstrates typical peripheral role operations such as controlling LEDs, identifying button states and sending strings of data from a smartphone to the LaunchPad
- Standalone Peripheral, Broadcaster and Central sample applications to jump start development
- Simultaneous multiple master and/or slave connections with Multirole sample application
- Network Processor configuration for enabling BLE on existing non-wireless MCU applications
- Over-the-Air Download (OAD) firmware upgrade support for updating device firmware wirelessly from PC or smartphone applications
- Integrates with the second generation Sensor Controller Engine (SCE) for ultra-low power sensor applications
- Full integration with TI-RTOS and TI Drivers for automatic device power management and control of on board peripherals such as ADC, I2C, SPI, UART, timers, and crypto accelerators
- Thread 1.1 certified base
- Edge nodes and gateway example
- Crypto HW acceleration of Thread authentication
- Multiprotocol support
- Support for SimpleLink LRM Proprietary Sub-1 GHz/BLE connected
- Concurrent 15.4 Stack sensor + BLE advertiser using BLE micro-stack service
- Concurrent WSN sensor + BLE advertiser using BLE micro-stack service
- Seamless OAD upgrade between BLE, 15.4-Stack and EasyLink
- Concurrent WSN sensor and BLE peripheral