SmartRF™ Studio is a Windows application that can be used to evaluate and configure Low Power RF devices from Texas Instruments. The application will help designers of RF systems to easily evaluate the radio at an early stage in the design process. It is especially useful for generation of configuration register values and for practical testing and debugging of the RF system. SmartRF Studio can be used either as a standalone application or together with applicable evaluation boards or debug probes for the RF device.
SmartRF™ Studio supports all the Low Power RF devices from TI. Note that you might need to use an older version of the tool to work with some of the older devices.
SmartRF Studio 6
- CC400, CC900
- CC1000, CC1010, CC1020, CC1021, CC1050, CC1070
- CC2400, CC2420
SmartRF Studio 7
- CC1100, CC1100E, CC1101, CC1150
- CC110L, CC113L, CC115L
- CC1120, CC1121, CC1125, CC1175
- CC1200, CC1201
- CC1310, CC1350
- CC2500, CC2550
- CC2510, CC2511
- CC2430, CC2431
- CC2530, CC2531, CC2533
- CC2540, CC2541
- CC2543, CC2544, CC2545
- CC2650, CC2640, CC2640R2F, CC2630, CC2620
- CC430 (all variants)
- Link tests. Send and Receive packets between nodes.
- Antenna and radiation tests. Set the radio in continuous wave TX and RX states.
- A set of recommended/typical register settings for all devices.
- Read and write individual RF registers.
- Execute individual commands to control the radio.
- Detailed information about the bit fields for each register or command.
- Save/Load device configuration data from file.
- Exports register settings and command arguments to a user definable format.
- Exports radio configuration code (CC13xx, CC26xx).
- Allows custom gpio configuration (CC13xx, CC26xx).
- Communication with evaluation boards over USB via the debug probe or evaluation board.
- Up to 32 evaluation boards are supported on a single computer.
SmartRF Studio 6 runs on Microsoft® Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows XP (32 bit), Windows Vista (32 bit) and Windows 7 (32 bit).
SmartRF Studio 7 runs on 32 and 64-bit versions of Microsoft® Windows 7, 8 and 10.
- Download the ZIP file to your hard drive.
- Unzip the file.
- Read the readme.txt file for information about the release.
- Run the set-up file and follow the instructions.