StellarisWare® Complete (all boards, all components)
Our StellarisWare® software is an extensive suite of software designed to simplify and speed development of Stellaris-based microcontroller applications. StellarisWare v9453 operates with all LM3S and LM4F series Stellaris MCUs, including the Stellaris EK-LM4F120XL LaunchPad. StellarisWare v10636 operates only with LM3S products.
StellarisWare software includes:
- Stellaris USB Library
- Stellaris Code Examples
- Stellaris In-System Programming Support
- ARM® Cortex™ Microcontroller Software Interface Standard (CMSIS)
On 15 April 2012 an LM3S-only version of StellarisWare was released. This final release removes MCU devices that are now part of the Tiva C Series MCU family, and also includes several functional updates and bug fixes. Users can refer to the StellarisWare Release Notes for complete details.
TI will continue to support StellarisWare through the normal channels. However, because Stellaris MCUs are not recommended for new designs (NRND), there will no longer be periodic releases or functional improvements to StellarisWare. Any future StellarisWare updates will be released only for major issues. Any updates will be available directly from this StellarisWare software folder.
Customers who are initiating new designs should use Tiva family MCUs and TivaWare software. We also recommend that customers who are developing products or applications with LM4F MCUs (now the Tiva TM4C123x series) transition their software development to use TivaWare.
- Free license and royalty-free use (for use with Stellaris MCUs).
- Simplify and speed the development of applications—can be used for application development or as a programming example.
- Allow the creation of full-function, easy-to-maintain code.
- Written entirely in C except where absolutely not possible. Even written in C, the software is reasonably efficient in terms of memory and processor usage due to the compact nature of the Cortex-M3 Thumb2 instruction set.
- Take full advantage of the stellar interrupt performance of the Cortex-M3 core, without requiring any special pragmas or custom assembly code prologue/epilogue functions.
- Can be compiled with error-checking code (for development use) or without (for final production use in an MCU with a smaller memory configuration).
- Available as both object library and source code, so that the library can be used as-is or adapted as desired.
- Compiles on ARM/Keil, IAR, Code Red, Code Sourcery, and generic GNU development tools.
- Use with all Stellaris LM3S and LM4F microcontrollers.