|Part Number||Buy from Texas Instruments||Alert Me||Status||Current Version||Version Date|
||ACTIVE||v1.10.00.23||13 May 2013|
- TI-RTOS: A Real-Time Operating System for TI Devices
(PDF 94 KB)
17 Oct 2012 6,490views
Complete RTOS Solution
TI-RTOS is a complete real-time operating system (RTOS) for its microcontroller platform. It combines a real-time multitasking kernel with additional middleware components including TCP/IP and USB stacks, a FAT file system, and device drivers, enabling developers to focus on differentiating their application.
TI-RTOS builds on existing proven software components such as SYSBIOS, TivaWare™, and ControlSUITE to ensure reliability and quality. It augments these with documentation, additional examples and APIs appropriate for multitasking development and integration testing to verify that all components work together.
TI-RTOS is provided with full source code and requires no up-front or runtime license fees. TI-RTOS is fully tested with the Code Composer Studio™ Interactive Development Environment (CCStudio IDE) v5.2 and above.
TI-RTOS is available today on select devices, including ARM Cortex-M4 microcontrollers and C2000™ dual core C28x + ARM Cortex-M3 microcontrollers.
TI-RTOS reduces development time by eliminating the need to create basic system software functions from scratch. TI-RTOS includes:
- Deterministic, real-time multitasking kernel
- IPv4 and IPv6-compliant TCP/IP stack
- HTTP, DNS, DHCP, Telnet, and FTP
- USB Host and Device stacks
- MSC, HID, and CDC class drivers
- FAT-compatible file system, fully integrated with C RTS file I/O functions
- Ethernet, USB, UART, IIC, and SD device drivers
- Low overhead core-to-core communication mechanisms for Concerto devices
Developers can use graphical tools or a text editor to configure TI-RTOS and
to minimize the memory footprint. To assist in debugging complex system-level
problems, TI-RTOS can be built with additional instrumentation that enables
users to track system execution.
TI-RTOS is delivered as a no-charge software download that also includes the XDCtools component, which provides the graphical configuration editor.