View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- EMC Compliant High-Side Current Sensing With Overvoltage Protection Design Guide
(PDF 2341 KB)
13 Feb 2014 533 views
This reference design focuses on high-side current measurement using a family of TI's voltage output current shunt monitors. It can be used for measuring high-side current in industrial applications, where the common-mode dynamics can drop below ground. Overall the design helps designers build Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) compliant circuitry around current shunt monitor devices while achieving high-accuracy current monitoring solutions in presence of wide range of common-mode voltages from -14V to +80V.
- Wide common mode input range: -14V to 80V
- Overvoltage protection: 45V
- EFT protection up to 1KV as per IEC61000-4-4
- >130dB CMRR for DC-10Hz
- Overall accuracy better than 2%
- 70 µV offset and 1.4% gain error