View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- TIDA-00143 Overview
(PDF 271 KB)
28 Apr 2014 63 views
This TIDA-00143 reference design is a BLDC motor controller and is designed to operate from a single 12V (nominal) power supply which can vary over a wide range of voltages as found in typical automotive applications. The board is designed to drive motors in the 60W range, which require currents of 5 Amps. The size and layout of the board is intended to facilitate evaluation of the drive electronics and firmware, with easy access to key signals on individual test points. Connection to a wide variety of motors is possible using either the 3-contact connector or by soldering motor phase wires to plated-through holes in the board. The 12Vdc power is fused to prevent damage to the board or to bench power supplies in case of a motor fault during testing. Command and status of the motor can be communicated through the standard JTAG connector, or through PWM input and output signals. Users can also re-program the microcontroller through the JTAG connector, allowing customization to a wide variety of applications.
- Operates from a single 12V automotive supply (7V to 40V operational range)
- Drives 3-phase Brushless DC (BLDC) motors up to 60W with no position sensors needed
- Easy to get started with MotorWare™ Software
- Testpoints provide easy access to key motor control signals
- Microcontroller programmable through JTAG connector for customization