- Interface to a HIPERFACE Position Encoder Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 2851 KB)
03 Mar 2016 555 views
The TIDA-00202 reference design implements an EMC compliant industrial hybrid analog and digital interface to a HIPERFACE position encoder. A 3.3V supply RS485 transceiver with IEC-ESD and IEC-EFT protection is used for the bidirectional parameter channel. For the analog sin/cos signal channel, two options are provided to offer flexibility for connection to processors with and without embedded ADC or redundancy by using both options simultaneously. The first option features a fully differential dual 12-bit ADC with SPI output, the second option features a dual differential input with single-ended analog output (0-3.3V). The design features an industrial compliant 24V input with wide range from 16V to 36V. The power supply for the encoder can be configured from 7 to 12V (default 11V) and offers short-circuit protection. A 3.3V I/O connector with analog and logic signals provides an easy interface to a host processor with HIPERFACE master IP core. For quick evaluation an example firmware is available for a C2000™ Piccolo MCU to calculate the absolute angle position and display it through virtual COM port.
- EMC Compliant Interface to HIPERFACE Position Encoders with Digital Bidirectional Parameter Channel up to 38400 Baud and Analog Sin/Cos Channel with at least 150kHz Bandwidth.
- 3.3V Supply Half-Duplex RS485 Transceiver with 12kV IEC-ESD and 4kV IEC-EFT.
- Dual Signal Path Option for Sine and Cosine Signals with either Dual 12-bit ADC with SPI Output or Dual Analog Output (0-3.3V) to Offer Flexibility for Connection to MCU with and without Embedded ADC.
- Host Processor Interface (3.3V I/O) for Easy Connection to MCU like C2000™ for the HIPERFACE Master.
- Example Firmware on C2000™ Piccolo MCU to Calculate and Display the Interpolated Absolute Angle from HIPERFACE Position Encoders.
- Designed to Meet EMC Immunity for ESD, Fast Transient Burst, and Surge with Levels according to IEC61800-3.