View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Capacitive-Based Human Proximity Detection for System Wake-Up and Interrupt (Rev. B)
(PDF 7138 KB)
11 Nov 2014 1,560 views
This TI Design uses Texas Instruments' capacitive-to-digital converter technology to provide a high-precision method to wake up systems when human interaction occurs. TIDA-00220 demonstrates techniques for alternative sensor design, environmental compensation, and electromagnetic interference protection.
- Detects Human Proximity using conductive nickel-print sensor, enabling flexible industrial design
- Sensor itself can be copper PCB material or other conductive materials
- Reduces environmental effects through several techniques
- Sensing range is dependent on sensor geometry (20 cm with tested hardware)
- Low power consumption of 6.2 mW
- This fully tested and characterized sub-system includes hardware design files (schematics and layout), firmware, and detailed user's guide with test results