View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- 9.8GHz RF CW Signal Generator Using Integrated Synthesizer Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 2688 KB)
08 May 2016 818 views
This design is a 9.8-GHz wideband, low-phase noise, integrated continuous wave (CW) RF signal generator with versatile spur reduction technique. The output level can be programmed from -32 dBm to 14.5 dBm in 0.5-dB steps. This signal generator can be used as local oscillator for applications, such as analog and vector signal generator, and can also be used as a clock generator for RF ADCs. The TIDA-00626 can be controlled from any PC via the TI USB2ANY interface and also using the microcontroller MSP430F5529 launch pad.
- Integrated wideband frequency synthesizer with output range of 0.02 GHz to 9.8 GHz
- Excellent phase-noise performance; synthesizer phase noise at 6 GHz, -110 dBc/Hz at 100-KHz offset, -132 dBc/Hz at 1-MHz offset
- Low-noise synthesizer, in-band spurs (-75 dBc)
- Programmable output level 14.5 dBm to -32 dBm, 0.5-dB steps
- Versatile boundary spurs reduction using LMK61E2