A low THD+N amplifier signal chain for driving headphones is presented. The design walks through various factors to consider in order to optimize performance based on customer needs.
- Ultra-low distortion, THD+N < 0.0003%
- Low power consumption, 18.25mW/channel
- Ability to drive 50mW of output power into 32Ω headphone load without sacrificing performance
- Compact design ideal for portable application
- Low-power mode to save power in portable applications
- The circuit performance is thoroughly whetted and includes the entire amplifier singal-chain and a design guide that walks the user throguh various options to consider when designing a headphone amplifier