View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Fluxgate Magnetic Current Sensing High Linearity 3-Phase Inverters Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 3130 KB)
07 Nov 2016 607 views
The TIDA-00905 reference design provides a reference solution for accuracy, high linearity and the galvanic isolation required for current measurement in three phase inverters using closed-loop fluxgate magnetic current sensors. It consists of magnetic core with compensation winding interfaced to driver IC with built-in fluxgate sensor. The design provides a pseudo differential output with an option to connect to 3.3V or 5V ADCs. Hardware circuit for over current and ground fault detection enables over-current protection of power switches.
- Designed to accurately measure three phase inverter currents up to 50ARMS (nominal) and 150A (maximum)
- 200 kHz bandwidth, closed-loop current sensing using magnetic module and fluxgate sensor (DRV421) to enable low propagation delay in current measurement
- Calibrated current measurement accuracy of ±1% (typical) across temperature range from -25°C to 85°C
- Hardware based overload and ground fault detection enables fast response for protection of power switches