View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Sensored BLDC Sinusoidal Drive Controller for Refrigerator Fans Design Guide
(PDF 4412 KB)
10 Feb 2016 226 views
This reference design is a singled-layered, cost-effective, small-form-factor, three-phase sinusoidal motor drive for sensored BLDC fan motors specified up to a maximum current of 1 A RMS at 18 V maximum. The unique, single-sided design helps to bring down the system cost. The on-board Hall sensors facilitate the board mounting inside the motor itself. The design also demonstrates the features of DRV10970 such as single hall operation for further cost optimization, sinusoidal drive with adaptive drive angle adjustment for better system efficinecy and overall performance, speed control via external pulse-width modulation (PWM) input which brings an ease of speed control, etc.
- Minimized BOM components and overall cost by single layered design
- Highly integrated system with protection features like motor lock detect, short circuit
- Speed command for controlling fan speed using external PWM
- Complete solution for spinning refrigerator fan
- Design demonstrates DRV10970 device features, like adaptive drive angle adjustment, sensored, sinusoidal drive for better acoustics, efficiency and performance
- Small form factor design with on-board Hall sensors with support for one- or 3-Hall operation