- 12-Bit, 20-MSPS Data Acquisition Reference Design for Digitizers
(PDF 1443 KB)
02 Oct 2016 207 views
This reference design enables a cost-effective and low-power data acquisition system that provides an alternative to FPGA-based systems. It features a single-ended, high-impedance input that can be used in a wide number of applications, including portable instrumentation and digitizers.
The reference design utilizes the ADS4122 analog-to-digital converter (ADC), along the with the OPA656 and THS4541 operational amplifiers (op amps) to develop a 12-bit, 20-MSPS digitizer for the BeagleBone Cape form factor. The expansion board devleoped in this reference design interfaces with the BeagleBone Black development platform, which is a low-cost, open-source, community-supported environment based on the ARM Cortex-A8 processor.
- Single-ended-to-differential data acquisition reference design using the OPA656 and THS4541 op amps
- Low-power (330/channel) operation suitable for handheld devices
- Option to choose between 50 ohm / 1 Mohm input impedance
- Low system cost; replaces FPGA for data capture with Sitara™ processor (BeagleBone Black)
- 2V peak-to-peak input voltage range