View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Low Power Door/Window Sensor with Sub-1GHz and 10-Year Battery Life Design Guide
(PDF 3448 KB)
28 Sep 2016 592 views
The TIDA-01066 TI Design uses Texas Instruments' ultra-low power consumption digital Hall effect sensors and the SimpleLink™ ultra-low power sub-1 GHz wireless microcontroller (MCU) platform to demonstrate a door and window sensor with extremely long battery life and no wiring required. The design guide includes techniques for system design, detailed test results, and information to get the design up and running quickly.
- Ultra-low-power design resulting in 10-year battery life from single CR2032 coin cell
- Always-on magnetic field sensing enables continuous monitoring
- Detects cylindrical neodymium magnet up to 20mm (0.787")
- Dual-sensor architecture detects tampering magnet
- IEEE 802.15.4e/g stack with collector and sensor application
- Designed for SimpleLink Sub-1 GHz wireless connectivity LaunchPad™ (LAUNCHXL-CC1310)