View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Energy Harvesting From Current Transformer Reference Design
(PDF 671 KB)
05 Jun 2017
Power management for the energy harvesting, energy buffering and back-up power is a key challenge in the fault indicator design. The TIDA-01385 introduces a circuit about harvesting energy from a current transformer for the system load of a fault indicator while storing the extra energy in a super capacitor. A primary Li/SOCl2 battery is used as back-up power to extend the fault indicator operating time after the power grid fails. With input current from 3mA to 2A, the reference design provides a stable 3.6V to system load within two seconds.
- Harvest energy from current transformer
- Automatic charging super capacitor with extra energy
- Providing stable output voltage within two seconds
- Super capacitor full charged protection
- Ultra-low input boost converter for utilizing maximum supercapacitor stored energy