View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- 74-dB SNR, 10-MSPS, 14-Bit, Analog Front-End Reference Design for Thermal Imagin
(PDF 4103 KB)
26 Jul 2017
This reference design is built keeping an electronic imaging system in mind. Image sensors today force heavy demands on ADCs in terms of: excellent linearity (DNL < 0.5 LSB and INL < 4 LSB), high resolution (12- to 18-bit), high speed (up to 20 MSPS), and high SNR (> 74-dB SNR) to assure superior image quality and freedom from distortion over time. Enabled by the low-noise, high-speed amplifier, fully differential amplifier (FDA), high-speed ADC, and low-noise LDO from TI, this reference design demonstrates how to design a high-performance analog signal chain for digitizing the pixel-output signal in thermal imaging cameras.
- SNR, ENOB and THD: > 74 dB, 12-bit and < -84 dB
- Sampling speed: front-end circuit optimized for 10MSPS or lesser
- Analog input type: single-ended unipolar signal
- Integral Non-Linearity (INL) < 1 LSB (typical) and Differential Non-Linearity (DNL) < 0.5 LSB (typical)
- Output data interface: 1.8V parallel CMOS or DDR LVDS
- Overall power consumption: < 80 mW