View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Integrated 30W Sensorless BLDC Motor Drive Retrofit Ref Design w/ 90 to 265VAC
(PDF 9205 KB)
07 Apr 2017 72 views
The TIDA-01417 TI design provides a reference solution to drive the low voltage brushless DC (BLDC) motor with universal AC power supply input. The design has an onboard, reinforced isolated AC-DC switch power supply to convert the AC main input to isolated low voltage DC output. The design also combines a fully integrated and well protected single-chip, sensorless, sinusoidal brushless motor controller for low audible noise operation. The total solution is optimized with very small form factor and high efficiency which could be easily fit into motor.
- Reinforced isolated flyback AC/DC power supply providing 24V/36W output
- Very low standby power below 50mW and high efficiency AC/DC power supply giving a full load efficiency of 86%
- Highly integrated and protected single-chip, sinusoidal brushless motor controller reduces external parts count eliminating the programming overhead of motor control
- Small PCB form factor of Ø64mm
- Fully protected system with short circuit, over current, blocked rotor protection