View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Automotive Passive Media Hub Ref Design With Charging and Enhanced Data
(PDF 13912 KB)
02 Jun 2017 484 views
This automotive reference design demonstrates a unique approach for media ports that require data transfers. This design has the capability to support USB 2.0 through a 15-W USB Type-C™ port. Customers can accelerate their media port systems by taking advantage of a complete reference design comprising analog AEC-Q100 qualified integrated circuits (ICs) which are CISPR-25 class-5 tested. This reference design minimizes development efforts through a flexible, passive solution that allows the system to role swap with a head unit and to charge both USB Type-C and legacy devices with a small 1x2-in solution.
- Small solution size based on typical media interface board dimensions of 1" x 2"
- Short-to-battery protection and load dump protection against input transients up to 40V
- Automotive grade LMS3635-Q1 optimized power supply through unique Hotrod™ package and reduces parasitics to mitigate EMI without interfering with AM or FM band frequencies
- TUSB213-Q1 provides optimized high-speed performance to pass USB-IF electrical compliance tests to meet USB-IF near end and far-end eye test up to 3m
- Compatible with leading on-the-go (OTG) systems