View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- 30-W/in^3, 93.4% Efficiency, 100-W AC/DC Adapter Reference Design
(PDF 3023 KB)
02 Nov 2018
This fully-tested reference design is a high-efficiency, high-power-density, AC/DC adapter solution with a wide input voltage range (100- to 240-V AC) for laptop adapters and smartphone charger applications. This design consists of a front-end transition-mode (TM) power factor correction (PFC) circuit based on the UCC28056, followed by an active-clamp flyback for isolated DC/DC conversion based on the UCC28780.
- Wide operating input range: 100- to 240-VAC with full power delivery over entire range
- High efficiency (93.4% peak value) with natural cooling
- Configured as 5-V/5-A, 9-V/5-A, 15-V/5-A, 20-V/5-A output
- Low standby power consumption (130 mW)
- Small size (70 mm × 42 mm × 16.5 mm)
- High power density (30 W/in3)