- HSR Ethernet for Substation Automation Design Guide
(PDF 690 KB)
06 Jan 2016 251 views
The TIDEP0053 TI Design implements a solution for high-reliability, low-latency network communications for substation automation equipment in Smart Grid transmission and distribution networks. It supports the High-availability Seamless Redundancy (HSR) specification in the IEC62439 standard and Precision Time Protocol specification in IEEE1588. This solution is a lower-cost alternative to FPGA approaches and provides the flexibility and performance to add features such as IEC61850 support without additional components.
- Compliant to IEC62439-3 Clause 5 specification for HSR Ethernet communications.
- IEEE 1588 peer-to-peer transparent clock profile for network synchronization
- Traffic filtering based on VLAN ID’s, multicast/broadcast support, and built-in storm prevention mechanism
- Zero recovery time in case of network failure • Dual-ported, full-duplex 100Mbps Ethernet
- Fully programmable solution provides platform for integration of additional applications.