View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
This solution implements a batteryless keyboard using Near Field Communications (NFC) technology. The core part of this solution is TI’s dynamic NFC tag that can be read and written to by a host microcontroller. Mobile phones that support NFC can quickly discover and recognize this keyboard and then build a connection between the keyboard and application. This design is a battery-less system (i.e., does not require a battery to operate), which enables customers to build products with optimized dimensions (e.g., thin keyboards) and of lighter weight (e.g., easier to carry).
- Battery-less solution
- Standard PC/AT keyboard character set
- More than 400 characters /min input capability
- About 20 mW power consumption for both ultra-low-power MSP MCU and RF430CL330 tag
- Low-cost PCB coil antenna for power harvesting
- Android test tool and InputMethod application provided