View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Bidirectional DC-DC Converter Design Guide
(PDF 12520 KB)
01 Sep 2015
The Bidirectional 400V-12V DC/DC Converter Reference Design is a microcontroller-based implementation of an isolated bi-directional DC-DC converter. A phase shifted full-bridge (PSFB) with synchronous rectification controls power flow from a 400V bus/battery to the 12V battery in step-down mode, while a push-pull stage controls the reverse power flow from the low voltage battery to the high voltage bus/battery in boost mode. In this implementation closed loop control for both directions of power flow is implemented using Texas Instruments 32-bit microcontroller TMS320F28035, which is placed on the LV side. This digitally-controller system can implement advanced control strategies to optimally control the power stage under different conditions and also provide system level intelligence to make safe and seamless transitions between operation modes and PWM switching patterns.
- Digitally-controlled isolated bidirectional DC/DC converter based on the TMS320F28035 microcontroller
- 300W rated output operation in either direction
- High voltage DC input: 200-400V
- Low voltage DC output: 9-13.5.V (nominal 12V)
- Seamless on-the-fly transitions between buck and boost modes
- Complete software package (please see link below for software download instructions)