View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- CapTIvate™ E-Lock Design Guide
(PDF 6231 KB)
07 Nov 2016
This reference design demonstrates an ultra-low-power capacitive touch panel solution based on a single MSP430™ microcontroller (MCU) with CapTIvate™ technology. The use of self and mutual capacitance technology enables multifunctional capacitive touch panels (buttons, and proximity sensor) for eLocks and other applications with various human interfaces available. This TI Design also demonstrates how to extend battery life by duty-cycling the MSP430 CPU and switch between low-power mode and active mode.
- 12 touch buttons with one proximity sensor for system wake up and guard key
- 12 LEDs to indicate touch operation
- Haptics and beep available for touch feedback and lock status
- Ultra-low standby power consumption
- Anti-moisture performance