View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
This reference design describes the implementation of a software controlled RGB LED on an MSP430, using a single timer module and Capture Compare Register. This design also includes a serial communication interface for externally
- Red, Green, Blue (RGB) LED control with P-FETs to source LED current directly from VCC
- Independent control of color and brightness
- 512 unique colors and 50 brightness levels
- Software PWM generation uses a single Compare Capture Register on one timer module
- Serial interface for externally controlling LED