View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
Special Direct Mode on the TRF7970A and TRF7964A enables the flexibility to easily support a wide range of proprietary protocols, most commonly MIFARE Classic. In these applications, Special Direct Mode drastically reduces the resource demand on host MCUs while also providing more stable operation. This design demonstrates MIFARE Classic authentication on the widely available TRF7970AEVM.
- Features TRF7970A reader firmware demonstrating authentication of MIFARE Classic Tags
- Allows users to easily change the MIFARE Classic keys used for authentication
- Developed on an easy to use and widely available reference platform, the TRF7970AEVM
- Firmware is portable to other microcontrollers.
- Source code discussed in this design can be downloaded from SLOA214.