View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Ultrasonic Water Flow Measurement Design Guide (Rev. A)
(PDF 2151 KB)
06 Jul 2015 810 views
This Ultrasonic Water Flow Measurement system is ideal for providing highly accurate measurement across wide flow ranges as low as 1.4gpm. The design is based on a single MCU with discrete analog components. It uses a unique propriety algorithm that improves robustness and performance in flow measurement across wide range of operating conditions. This design is fully compatible with TI RF plug-in evaluation modules for wireless AMI networks.
- Ultra low power ~ 20 years lifetime with battery
- ADC based approach, meets ISO 4064-1 EEC applicable norms
- Robust to signal amplitude variations – insensitive to received signal amplitude
- Allows low power implementation with optimized signal processing
- Supports Sub-1GHz and 2.4GHz RF wireless communication modules
- Integrated low-power segment LCD controller