- Low-Cost Loop-Powered 4-mA to 20-mA Transmitter EMC/EMI Tested Design Guide
(PDF 2625 KB)
23 Apr 2014 120 views
TIPD158 Design File
(ZIP 2395 KB)
23 Apr 2014 49 views
This CerTIfied Reference Design is a low cost system that implements a 12-bit loop-powered, or 2-wire, transmitter using the DAC7311, OPA317, and TL431B. The design includes a protection circuit that provides immunity to the IEC61000-4 test suite. The design also includes a circuit to rectify a reverse polarity supply voltage. The protection circuit and rectifier do not negatively affect the current output performance, resulting in <0.2% total unadjusted error (TUE).
This design is well suited for industrial automation and process conrol applications requiring a low-cost solution for 2-wire data transmission.
- 12-bit, loop-powered 4-20mA, transmitter
- 10-36 V Loop Supply Voltage
- <0.2% total unadjusted error (TUE)
- <0.04% calibrated error
- Low Cost Design
- Verified to pass IEC61000-4-2/3/4/6 tests
- Functional with reverse polarity supply connection