View the Important Notice for TI Designs covering authorized use, intellectual property matters and disclaimers.
- Single-Supply Strain Gauge in a Bridge Configuration Design Guide
(PDF 861 KB)
02 Nov 2015 665 views
TIPD170 Design File
(ZIP 442 KB)
07 Dec 2015 213 views
This strain gauge reference design accurately measures the resistance of a strain gauge by being placed in a bridge configuration. The differential voltage of the bridge produced by variation in strain gauge resistance is amplified using the INA333. The bridge excitation voltage and INA333 reference voltage is supplied using the REF5025.
- Measured Uncalibrated Error = 0.953 %
- Measured Calibrated Error = 0.0154 %
- 5 V Single Supply
- Output : 225 mV to 4.72 V
- 2.5 V Reference Voltage
- This strain gauge reference design includes theory, complete error analysis, component selection, simulation, PCB design, and measured data that correlates with theory, calculations, and simulation