TMS320F28335 Experimenter Kit
C2000™ MCU Experimenter Kits provide a robust hardware prototyping platform for real-time, closed loop control development with C2000 microcontrollers . This platform is a great tool to customize and prove-out solutions for many common power electronics applications, including motor control, digital power supplies, solar inverters, digital LED lighting, precision sensing, and more.
To view all available C2000 MCU Experimenter Kits, visit the C2000 MCU Tools and Software page.
This C2000 Experimenter Kit is based around the C2000 Delfino™ TMS320F28335 MCU , which features a 150 MIPS processing core with floating point support, 512 KB integrated flash, 18 PWM channels with high resolution capability, 12-bit 12.5 MSPS ADC, capture interfaces, QEP interfaces, serial connectivity, and more.
The C2000 Experimenter Kit board hardware includes an isolated XDS100 JTAG emulator facilitating easy programming and debugging, header pins access to key microcontroller signals, breadboard area for customizable routing, DIMM100 controlCARD plug-in slot, included controlCARD based on the C2000 Delfino TMS320F28335 microcontroller, and more.
Plus, with the modularity provided by the controlCARD interface on the Experimenter Kit, designers can purchase and experiment with other compatible C2000 MCU controlCARDs using the same Experimenter Kit board hardware.
To view all available C2000 MCU controlCARDs, visit the C2000 MCU Tools and Software page.
For development with C2000 Experimenter Kits, the C2000 MCU family’s controlSUITE software suite is included for free, providing software example code, libraries, drivers, hardware design files, documentation, application notes, and more. Users also get access to an unrestricted version of Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE) for software development with the C2000 Delfino TMS320F28335 MCU.
To get started with your C2000 Experimenter Kit, first, download and install controlSUITE software. Launch controlSUITE and navigate the left-hand menu to Development Tools > Experimenter’s Kits > Documentation > Experimenter’s Kit Quick Start Guide DIM100, and follow the instructions in the guide. Additionally, it is recommended to review the Experimenter’s Kit Overview – System Framework and Template Projects Guide for instructions on how to use the provided template projects.
Learn more about MathWorks support on C2000 real-time control devices.
- C2000 Delfino TMS320F28335 MCU with 150 MIPS floating point core, 512 KB flash memory, 18 PWM channels with high resolution, 12-bit 12.5 MSPS ADC, and more
- Built in isolated XDS100 JTAG Emulator enables real-time in-system programming and debugging via USB
- Header pin access to key MCU signals
- Breadboard area for customizable routing
- Docking station with on board USB JTAG emulation
- Modular controlCARD slot, allowing easy interchange of the MCU
- Included controlCARD based on the C2000 Delfino TMS320F28335 MCU
- Jumper-based boot mode selection
- Free download of controlSUITE software examples, libraries, drivers, and more for general application development.
- Free unrestricted version of Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE)
Need more performance? Check out the dual-core F2837xD
- Consolidate MCUs with 800MIPS of total system performance
- Fast transient response with new CPU accelerator
- Increase precision and system throughput with four 16bit ADCs
Take your C2000 design to the next level
Access the vast collection of hardware, software libraries, and application specific tools with C2000 MCUs to further the learning and development of your own custom solutions.