The new TMS320C55x Power Optimization DSK optimizes and maximizes the power efficiency and battery life of portable and mobile applications. Available today, the DSK includes a fully-integrated set of power estimation and measurement tools and allows developers to accurately plan, analyze, manage and optimize real-time power consumption.
Determining accurate power consumption early in the design process is essential. The new Power Optimization DSK eliminates the guesswork and provides visibility into C55x™ DSPs, allowing you to make the right tradeoffs in performance, peripherals activity and external memory use.
In addition, the tools enable developers to consume only as much power as necessary by dynamically turning off all peripherals and internal functional units when not in use. You can now configure devices based on accurate and detailed power consumption information.
- Power planning tools: Plan net power consumption with device specific power planning tools. Review application notes and spreadsheet to create a trial configuration.
- Power Scaling Library: Scale voltage and frequency using power scaling software.
- Power Manager in DSP/BIOS™ kernel: Manage power states with the DSP/BIOS™ power management kernel.
- National Instruments Power Analyzer: Measure and analyze power consumption using the National Instruments Analyzer. The DSK has built-in National Instruments USB measurement hardware for power monitoring and trigger functionality for profiling power consumption during specific segments of code.
- VC5509a DSP Development Board
- VC5509a DSK Code Composer Studio(TM) v3.1 IDE
- National Instrument’s Power Analyzer
- DSP/BIOS PWR MGR and Power Scaling Library
- Quick Start Guide
- Technical Reference
- Customer Support Guide
- USB Cable
- Universal Power Supply
- AC Power Cord(s)
The DSK features the TMS320VC5509A DSP, a 200 MHz device delivering up to 400 million instructions per second (MIPs) and is designed for products that require an optimized combination of power, performance and area. The C5509A is based on the industry's lowest power TMS320C5000 DSP platform and is ideal for applications such as digital audio players, digital still cameras, electronic books, portable medical devices, voice recognition, GPS receivers, fingerprint/pattern recognition, wireless modems, headsets and biometrics. Other hardware features of the TMS320VC5509A DSK board include:
- Embedded JTAG support via USB
- High-quality 24-bit stereo codec
- Four 3.5mm audio jacks for microphone, line in, speaker and line out
- 256K words of Flash and 8 MB SDRAM
- Expansion port connector for plug-in modules
- On-board standard IEEE JTAG interface
- +5V universal power supply
Software Tools - Designers can readily target the TMS320VC5509A DSP through TI's robust and comprehensive Code Composer Studio(TM) DSK development platform. Code Composer Studio features for the Power Optimization DSK include:
- A complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE), an efficient optimizing C/C++ compiler assembler, linker, debugger, integrated CodeWright editor with CodeSense technology for faster code creation, data visualization, a profiler and a flexible project manager
- Power Analyzer and Power Scaling Library
- DSP/BIOS(TM) real-time kernel (with PWR MGR)
- Target error recovery software
- DSK diagnostic tool
- CCS- DSK version
- DSK Users manual
- NI Power Analysis Plugin
- Power management app note
- Power supply, line cord and USB cable
- SDI Drivers