- CCSTUDIO- Code Composer Studio (CCStudio) Integrated Development Environment (IDE) v5
The TMS320C5510 DSP Starter Kit (DSK) developed by Spectrum Digital is a low-cost development platform designed to speed the development of power-efficient applications based on TI's TMS320C55x DSP generation. The kit, which provides new performance-enhancing features such as power analysis tools and USB communications for true plug-and-play functionality, gives both experienced and novice designers an easy way to get started immediately with innovative product designs.
TI's new power management tools allow developers to evaluate system power and examine the frequency-voltage scaling feature for future revisions of the TMS320C5510 DSPs. Designers can evaluate the Power Analyzer and Power Scaling Library to confidently tune their systems to maximize effiecient power consupmtion in applications ranging from portable internet appliances to high speed wireless communications.
The C5510 DSK offers the ability to detect, diagnose and correct DSK communications issues, download and step through code faster and get a higher throughput with Real Time Data Exchange (RTDX™).
The kit includes:
- C5510 DSP Development Board
- C5510 DSK Code Composer Studio™ v2.12 IDE
- Power Analyzer* and Power Scaling Library
- Quick Start Guide
- Technical Reference
- Customer Support Guide
- USB Cable
- Universal Power Supply
- AC Power Cord(s)
* Power analyzer measurements require a Tektronix oscilloscope and current probe system. The C5510 DSK includes access points and application notes for easy configuration.
The DSK features the TMS320C5510 DSP, a 200 MHz device delivering up to 400 million instructions per second (MIPs) and is designed for products that require an optimized combination of power, performance and area. The C5510 DSP is based on the industry´s lowest power TMS320C5000 DSP platform and is ideal for applications such as digital audio players, digital still cameras, electronic books, portable medical devices, voice recognition, GPS receivers, fingerprint/pattern recognition, wireless modems, headsets and biometrics. Other hardware features of the TMS320C5510 DSK board include:
- Embedded JTAG support via USB
- High-quality 24-bit stereo codec
- Four 3.5mm audio jacks for microphone, line in, speaker and line out
- 256K words of Flash and 8 MB SDRAM
- Expansion port connector for plug-in modules
- On-board standard IEEE JTAG interface
- +5V universal power supply
Software Tools - Designers can readily target the TMS32C5510 DSP through TI´s robust and comprehensive Code Composer Studio™ DSK development platform. The tools, which run on Windows© 98, Windows 2000 and Windows XP, allow developers to seamlessly manage projects of any complexity. Code Composer Studio features for the TMS320C5510 DSK include:
- A complete Integrated Development Environment (IDE), an efficient optimizing C/C++ compiler assembler, linker, debugger, an a advanced editor with Code Maestro™ technology for faster code creation, data visualization, a profiler and a flexible project manager
- Power Analyzer and Power Scaling Library
- DSP/BIOS™ real-time kernel
- Target error recovery software
- DSK diagnostic tool
- "Plug-in" ability for third-party software for additional functionality
- CCSTUDIO, Code Composer Studio (CCStudio) Integrated Development Environment (IDE) v5
- Target board specific Code Composer Studio development tools