OMAP35x EVM Windows CE Support
Special limited time offers available now.
Developed with Mistral Solutions, the OMAP35x Evaluation Module (EVM) enables developers to immediately start evaluating OMAP35x processors (OMAP3530, OMAP3525, OMAP3515, OMAP3503) and begin building low power applications such as portable media players, navigation devices, handheld game consoles, single board computers, data terminals, point of sale/service, software defined radio, medical applications, media controllers and numerous other products requiring low power and high performance.
Hardware: Designed with a modular and extendable architecture, the OMAP35x EVM consists of four interconnected boards that form the complete system. The following is an overview of what is on each board.OMAP35x EVM Main Board:
- 3.7" VGA/QVGA touch screen LCD display supporting landscape/portrait modes
- Camera connector to support third party CMOS Sensors
- S-Video/Component/Composite input via TVP5146, S-Video output
- USB Host Control Functionality (EHCI)
- High Speed USB 2.0
- Daughter card connections to most peripheral interfaces
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet, SDIO, I2C, JTAG, Keypad
- High-speed MMC/SD
- Speed optimized OMAP3530 processor (720MHz ARM Cortex-A8 / 520MHz C64x+ DSP)
- 256 MB LPDDR/256 MB NAND Flash
- TPS65950 Integrated Power Management IC that supports the power and peripheral requirements of the OMAP35x application processors
WL1271 Daughter Card:
- WL1271-based module by LS Research which adds Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11 b/g/n) and Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR connectivity to the system
- On board chip antenna
Software: The OMAP35x EVM software is available in TI's Linux Digital Video Software Development Kit (DVSDK) for OMAP3530/3525 Processors, and the Windows Embedded CE Software Development Kit (SDK) for Cortex-A8-based Processors. The DVSDKs include binaries, peripheral drivers, and demos for Linux and access to Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3 that enable users to quickly develop and adapt applications across both operating systems. Additionally, users receive a 180-day evaluation of CE 6.0 R3, Visual Studio 2005, and a Platform Builder plug-in for Visual Studio 2005. WL1271 Daughter Card Linux drivers are also available.