The OMAP-L138/C6748 DSP Experimenter Kit packaged for Universities (TMDSEXPL138-UNV) provides everything academics need to get started with teaching and projects using the TI TMS320C6000 DSP. The TI TMS320C6000 family of DSPs is popular for use in Real-time DSP courses, Signals & Systems courses, labs for DSP theory courses and many applications courses and projects using DSP such as telecommunications. The Experimenter Kit for Universities is a low-cost, flexible development platform for the OMAP-L138 which is a low-power dual core processor based on C6748 DSP plus an ARM926EJ-S 32-bit RISC MPU.
Providing students hands-on real-time DSP experiments using industry standard hardware and software gives a significant advantage over teaching with theory plus simulation alone. This version of the Experimenter Kit along with TI’s Code Composer Studio Integrated Development Environment (IDE) making use of the C6748 side of the device gives a complete workstation or project set up for DSP. Full access to documentation, software, teaching materials and textbooks for the TMDSEXPL138-UNV are listed at www.ti.com/EXPL138-UNV.
Contact the TI University Program to discuss your course and projects we offer support, discounts, in-kind donations and more.
FeaturesThe OMAP-L138/C6748 DSP Experimenter Kit packaged for Universities (TMDSEXPL138-UNV) includes the OMAP-L138 SOM-M1 and application baseboard.
- Texas Instruments OMAP-L138 SOM-M1
- SOM included to evaluate the OMAP-L138 processor (with 128 MB Mobile DDR)
- OMAPL138 Baseboard
- Standard across all OMAPL138 Zoom Experimenter & EVM platforms
- 60-pin LCD header
- Expansion board connectors
- Stereo in/out 3.5mm connectors
- TLV320AIC3106 audio codec
- Network Support
- One RJ45 Ethernet connector SATA
- Serial ATA connector
- PC Card Expansion
- MMC/SD card slot
- User Interface
- System user button, reset button
- Boot mode and user DIP switches
- One USB 2.0 high-speed On-the-Go interface
- One USB 1.1 full-speed host
- Serial Ports
- 115.2kbps RS-232 debug serial port
- Connectors for JTAG interface
- XDS100 emulation circuit on board w/ USB interface
- Available at www.ti.com/EXPL138-UNV
- USB A to mini-B cable
- 5 volt power supply (with Europe, Japan, UK, & US adapters)