High Voltage Motor Control Kit with InstaSPIN-FOC and InstaSPIN-MOTION enabled Piccolo MCU
CAUTION: This equipment operates at high voltages and currents which can result in hazardous electrical shock. Please make sure you understand and follow all necessary safety precautions prior to purchasing and operating.
The High Voltage Motor Control Kit with InstaSPIN™ technology provides a great reference platform to learn and experiment with digital control of high voltage motors, utilizing the revolutionary InstaSPIN-FOC and InstaSPIN-MOTION motor control technologies included on Texas Instruments’ C2000™ InstaSPIN 32-bit microcontroller family. With InstaSPIN technology, motor system developers can quickly identify, automatically tune, and fully control a three phase motor, providing an “instantly” stable and functional motor control system. This kit is a superb, all-around motor inverter design tool, showcasing sensorless InstaSPIN field oriented control of the most common types of high voltage, three phase motors—including AC induction (ACI), brushless DC (BLDC), and permanent magnet synchronous motors (PMSM and IPM).
To view other kits featuring InstaSPIN motion control technology, please visit the InstaSPIN website.
The High Voltage Motor Control Kit with InstaSPIN technology is based around the C2000 InstaSPIN 32-bit microcontroller family, supporting both the C2000 InstaSPIN TMS320F28027F with InstaSPIN-FOC technology and the C2000 InstaSPIN TMS320F28069M MCU with InstaSPIN-MOTION technology.
The C2000 InstaSPIN TMS320F28027F MCU features InstaSPIN-FOC motor control technology, 60 MIPS C28x™ processing core, 64 KB flash memory, 8 PWM channels with high resolution technology, 12-bit 4.6 MSPS ADC, capture interface, serial interfaces, and more
The C2000 InstaSPIN TMS320F28069M MCU features InstaSPIN-MOTION motor control technology, 90 MIPS C28x processing core with floating point support, 90 MIPS CLA Real-Time Control Co-Processor core, 256 KB flash memory, 16 PWM channels with high resolution technology, 12-bit 3.46 MSPS ADC, capture interfaces with high resolution technology, QEP interfaces, serial interfaces, and more
The board includes an AC rectification stage with universal AC input (85-132 VAC / 170-250 VAC) rated to deliver up to 750W power, two phase interleaved power factor correction stage rated for 750W and 400V DC max output, 3-phase motor inverter stage rated for 1 KW loads, isolated CAN and SCI connectivity, isolated USG JTAG emulation, four PWM DACs to observe system variables through an oscilloscope, over-current protection for PFC and inverter stages, and a controlCARD DIMM100 slot with included controlCARDs based on the C2000 InstaSPIN TMS320F28027F MCU with InstaSPIN-FOC technology and the C2000 InstaSPIN TMS320F28069M MCU with InstaSPIN-MOTION technology.
This kit includes a free download of MotorWare™ software suite. The MotorWare software suite provides software drivers, modules, example projects, InstaSPIN support, hardware design files, and documentation. Users also get free access to an unrestricted version of Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE) for software development with the High Voltage Motor Control and PFC Developer’s Kit.
To get started with the High Voltage Motor Control Kit with InstaSPIN technology, first, download and install the MotorWare software suite. Launch MotorWare and navigate the left-hand menu to Resources > HVMTR Drive, and follow the instructions in the “Kit Readme First” guide and the “HW Guide.”
- Support for three brushless motor types: AC Induction (ACI), Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor (PMSM):Brushless DC Motor (BLDC)
- Supports both the C2000 InstaSPIN™ TMS320F28027F MCU with InstaSPIN-FOC technology and the C2000 InstaSPIN TMS320F28069M MCU with InstaSPIN-MOTION technology
- InstaSPIN-FOC technology brings powerful sensorless field oriented motor control technology to all skill levels of designers. InstaSPIN-FOC auto-identifies, auto-tunes, and fully controls 3-phase motors in minutes
- InstaSPIN-MOTION builds on InstaSPIN-FOC technology to provide robust movement control, allowing you to accelerate, position, and plan your movement
- 3-phase motor inverter stage rated for 1KW loads
- Two phase interleaved power factor correction stage rated to 750W
- 85-132 VAC / 170-250 VAC input
- Isolated CAN communications interface
- Isolated USB JTAG emulation with XDS100v1 emulator
- Four PWM DACs for observation and debug of system variables through an oscilloscope
- Over-current protection for PFC stages and inverter stage via MCU PWM trip functionality
- Two included controlCARDs based on the C2000 InstaSPIN TMS320F28027F MCU and the C2000 InstaSPIN TMS320F28069M MCU
- Free download of MotorWare™ software suite, providing software drivers, modules, example projects, InstaSPIN support, hardware design files, and documentation for use with the High Voltage Motor Control Kit with InstaSPIN technology.
- Free unrestricted version of Code Composer Studio integrated development environment (IDE
- Motors are not included, but are available for purchase directly from TI. See the “Recommended Motors” section below
- Additional support for controlCARDs based on the C2000 InstaSPIN TMS320F28054M MCU (sold separately)
- Included GUI for quick out-of-box demonstration
The following motors are compatible with the High Voltage Motor Control Developer's Kit with InstaSPIN technology, and available for purchase from the TI Estore:
- AC Induction Motor: HVACIMTR
- Permanent Magnet Synchronous Motor: HVPMSMMTR
- Brushless DC Motor: HVBLDCMTR
- Piccolo TMS320F28069M isolated controlCARD (with on-card XDS100v2 emulator)
- Piccolo TMS320F28027F non-isolated controlCARD (use isolated emulator on HVKIT)
- High Voltage Motor Control Development Board
- Universal AC Cables
- USB cable
- DC Power adapter
- Motors NOT included
- Software, support, and documentation available through the MotorWare software platform.DOWNLOAD NOW.
- Latest USB contents for the motor kits here.