HV Phase Shifted Full Bridge Developer's Kit
CAUTION: This equipment operates at high voltages and currents which can result in hazardous electrical shock. Please make sure you understand and follow all necessary safety precautions prior to purchasing and operating.
TMDSHVPSFBKIT is a digitally-controlled, phase-shifted full bridge 600W DC/DC converter. It uses a non-standard custom controller card featuring the C2000™ Piccolo™ F28027 microcontroller and implements high performance peak current mode control without any external support circuity, a unique capability amongst microcontroller-based designs. This highly integrated microcontroller based realization features adaptive zero voltage switching (ZVS), various synchronous rectification schemes, complex gate drive waveform generation for PCMC, and intelligent timing control, to optimize system performance under changing operating conditions. This solution achieves high efficiency across wide load ranges with peak efficiency greater than 95%. Further, getting started with this design is easy. A GUI is provided as a convenient way to initially evaluate the functionality of the converter and the Piccolo microcontroller. When ready to explore further, step-by-step documentation details the implementation of the underlying software and hardware.
- Full microcontoller-based control of phase shifted full bridge DC/DC power conversion
- 400V DC input, 12V DC output, 50A rated output (600W)
- Peak current mode control microcontroller implementation without need for external circuitry
- Multiple Synchronous Rectification (SR) switching schemes for increased power efficiency
- Adaptive ZVS/LVS switching across entire load range
- Fault protection including input under voltage, input over voltage, over current, and output under voltage
- Constant current (CC) and constant power (CP) functions
- Optional Voltage Mode Control (VMC)
- Free download of Code Composer Studio IDE
- Free download of controlSUITE for device drivers and example projects
- Efficient GUI interface that allows fast & easy system tuning for optimal performance
- Step-by-step guide details the implementation of the underlying software
- Follow the Quick Start Guide included in the kit
- Or included in controlSUITE at C:\ti\controlSUITE\development_kits\HVPSFB_v1.1
- HV Phase Shifted Full Bridge baseboard
- Non-standard custom Piccolo F28027 daughter card
- Quick start guide
Take your C2000 design to the next level
Access the vast collection of hardware, software libraries, and application specific tools with C2000 MCUs to further the learning and development of your own custom solutions.