CAUTION: This equipment operates at high voltages and currents which can result in hazardous electrical shock. Please make sure you understand and follow all necessary safety precautions prior to purchasing and operating.
The C2000 Piccolo MCU LED Lighting & Communications Kit allows developers to get started with digital control in lighting and lighting communications. Featuring Piccolo MCU's digital control of the power supply, lighting, and communications, developer's can get jump started with intelligent lighting designs. The development board features up to 250W output supporting 6 LED strings and optional intelligent communications such as DALI, DMX512, and Power Line Communications (PLC, sold separately). The integrated power supply is full AC-mains connected with Piccolo MCU control of an efficient Isolated Resonant LLC DC/DC power topology.
Through controlSUITE, C2000's MCU's software portal, the development kit comes with full example projects detailing the digital power, lighting, and communications control. Users are guided from simple open loop design through full closed loop control. Communications software examples are likewise featured, detailing common lighting communication protocol software implementations. An included graphical user interface allows users to quickly begin experimentation with the kit before further experimentation at the software level. All kit hardware and software is completely open source and available for free through controlSUITE.
NOTE: For Power Line Communications (PLC) development with the AC LED Lighting & Communications Kit, it is necessary to purchase the Power Line Communications Add-on Kit (TMDSPLCMODA-P3X)* and Power Line Modem Developer's Kit (TMDSPLCKIT-V3)**. Operation also requires a null modem cable and USB-to-serial adapter, not included (see below for suggested purchasing).*** Software and example projects are provided for free through controlSUITE.
*The Power Line Communications Add-on Kit (TMDSPLCMODA-P3X) includes the analog front-end plug-in module and Piccolo controlCARDs to enable Power Line Communications with the AC LED Lighting & Communications Kit.
**The Power Line Modem Developer's Kit (TMDSPLCKIT-V3) includes power line modems for peer to peer PLC communication with the AC LED Lighting & Communications Kit.
- AC-mains powered, full LED lighting power supply, ~90% efficient
- Power Factor Correction (PFC) control via UCC28810D, >0.99 PF
- Isolated Resonant LLC DC/DC via Piccolo digital control
- Remote connectivity via Piccolo, including DALI, DMX512, and power line communications (PLC, sold separately)
- Piccolo-enabled 6 channel independent and multi-string dimming of up to 250W
- C2000’s modular controlCARD concept, allowing developers to experiment with various C2000 MCUs to fit price, performance and peripheral feature set requirements.
- Included controlSUITE software provides easy-to-use and open source demonstration GUIs, software examples, and documentation for full closed loop control of an AC/DC power supply, multi-string LED control, and advanced communications.
- AC LED Lighting & Communications Kit Baseboard
- Piccolo TMS320F28027 controlCARD (TMDSCNCD28027)
- 6 string LED Lighting Panel plus Diffusion Enclosure
- DC power adapter
- AC Power Cable (Multi-country compatible)
- USB cable
- USB Flash Drive with example Graphical User Interface (GUI), Quick Start Guide, and controlSUITE installer
- Example projects, software, further documentation, and app notes are available in controlSUITE