- C5515 Fingerprint Development Kit Product Bulletin
(PDF 150 KB)
09 Mar 2010 2,041views
The C5515 Fingerprint Development Kit is a complete signal chain solution to enable manufacturers and developers, who are interested in integrating fingerprint biometrics features into their product, to go to market faster. The kit contains 2 widely used sensor types (1 swipe sensor and 1 optical sensor), 1 core board with Texas Instruments’ ultra-low-power TMS320C5515 digital signal processor and 1 extension board for user interaction. In addition, we provide complete hardware design collaterals, simplified application source code and technical documentations, like user guide, application notes, to help users understand how to develop a fingerprint application from beginning. A production quality demo binary file is included in this kit to enable users to experience the final product performance. Some target applications include physical access control products (electronic door locks and safe boxes), USB smart keys and storage device, PC user identification, time and attendance monitoring systems, and more.The full contents of the development kit include:
- C5515 Fingerprint Development Kit Core Board
- C5515 Fingerprint Development Kit Extension Board
- 1 optical sensor (Tooan OP-100N)
- 1 swipe sensor (Authentec ATW310)
- Onboard XDS100 JTAG emulator on extension board with Type B USB interface
- One Type B USB cable for debug and power
- A mini DVD contains:
- Simplified fingerprint authentication algorithm source code
- Production quality demo code binary file
- C5515 Datasheet and chip support library (CSL)
- Technical documentations, including user guide, application notes, set up instructions, schematics, BOM and gerber files
- The USB-powered C5515 Fingerprint Development Kit uses industry’s lowest power 16-bit fixed point TMS320C5515 DSP for low energy consumption enabling longer battery life.
- The small form-factor kit comes with the core board which is 30x30mm to handle fingerprint image acquisition, pre-processing, feature extraction and matching functionalities. The extension board is 78x30mm to provide power, communication scheme and user interfaces.
- LEDs, push buttons, voice commands and audible feedback provide user interaction.
- Auto-detect of sensor to load the corresponding demo for the particular sensor.
- Efficient fingerprint matching algorithm and optimized code to achieve short matching time and high accuracy.
- C5515 has 320KB large on-chip memory and high speed USB2.0 integration, which reduces system cost and extends the fingerprint features to new application areas, like USB smart key.
- Code Composer Studio (CCS) debugging through onboard XDS100 JTAG emulation
- Communication through high speed USB2.0 slave port or UART over debug USB port.
- Cost effective and high quality
|Matching Method:||1:1 and 1:N|
|1:1 Matching Speed:||<20ms|
|Template Size per Fingerprint:||256 bytes|
|Template Storage Capacity:||400 Prints|
|Fingerprint Sensor Resolution:||Adapt to 300-500 DPI|
|Power Requirement:||DC 5V / 100mA (not including sensor)|
|Communication Interfaces:||UART 1200-115200bps; USB2.0 full and high speed|
|Board Size:||Core board: 30mmx30mm; Extension board: 78mmx30mm|