The TMX320DM365 Digital Video Evaluation Module (DVEVM) enables developers to start immediate evaluation of DaVinci™ processors and begin building digital video applications such as IP security cameras, digital photo frames, digital signage, video doorbells, and portable digital video products that have yet to be invented.
The Digital Video Evaluation Module (DVEVM) allows developers to write production-ready application code for the ARM and provides access to the HMJCP coprocessor core using DaVinci APIs to begin immediate application development for the TMS320DM365 digital media processors.
The Digital Video Software Production Bundle (DVSPB) MontaVista Linux companion product is recommended for production.DM365 DVEVM includes the following components:
- TMX320DM365 DaVinci™ processor-based development board
- IR remote
- 2 GB NAND Flash
- Video capture of NTSC or PAL signals via component for HD and composite/S-Video for SD
- NTSC or PAL output via component for HD and composite/S-Video for SD
- Other features such as microphone in, headphone out, line in and line out, UART, USB 2.0 HS, 2GB NAND Flash memory and JTAG for test
- Beta release: Linux Support Package Software Development Kit (LSP SDK) provided in kit, TI eXpressDSP™ Linux-based DVSDK* available for web download
- MontaVista Pro Demonstration Tools
- DM365 Getting Started Guide and Hardware Technical Reference
TI’s eXpressDSP™ Linux-based DVSDK* allows system integrators to incorporate discrete software modules and combine them into a single executable output for the systems, avoiding months of tedious manual integration. By making it easy to create custom bundles of codecs for specific applications, the configuration kit makes it simple to reuse code.
The DVSDK* includes:
- TI’s HD MPEG-4, H.264 as well as JPEG, and G.711 production codecs*
- Custom codecs that comply with TI’s eXpressDSP Digital Media (xDM) algorithm standard
- Multimedia APIs and Codec Engine Frameworks
- Demonstration version of MontaVista Linux Pro 5.0
- Drivers for UART, I2C, SPI, EDMA, EMAC, NAND,MMC, SD Card, USB Host/Gadget, RTC, HPI, voice codec
- Video Processing Subsystem (Display, Capture, CCD Controller, Resizer, Previewer)
- OSS Audio (ASP), GPIO, PWM, WDTIM
- U-boot loader
* Note Beta version only includes the LSP SDK in the box. DVSDK demos etc. are available via download.