C2000 DesignDRIVE Development Kit for Industrial Motor Control TMDXIDDK377D (NRND)
The TMDXIDDK377D has been replaced by the TMDXIDDK379D, an updated version of the TMDXIDDK377D, and now supporting the DesignDRIVE Position Manager technology. Please review the User’s Guide for details on the specific updates
DesignDRIVE is a single hardware and software platform that makes it easy to develop and evaluate solutions for many industrial drive, motor control, and servo topologies. DesignDRIVE offers support for a wide variety of motor types, sensing technologies, encoder standards and communications networks, as well as easy expansion to develop with industrial communications and functional safety topologies, thus enabling more comprehensive, integrated drive system solutions. Based on the real-time control architecture of TI’s C2000™ microcontrollers (MCUs), DesignDRIVE is ideal for the development of industrial inverter and servo drives used in robotics, computer numerical control machinery (CNC), elevators, materials conveyance and other industrial manufacturing applications.
TI’s new DesignDRIVE Development Kit (IDDK) hardware offers an integrated design with full power stage to drive a three-phase motor, easing evaluation of a diverse range of feedback sensing and control topologies. The sophisticated sensing peripherals on the C2000™ MCU, including eight delta-sigma sinc filters, four high-performance 16-bit ADCs and eight windowed comparators, enable the DesignDRIVE Kit to support shunt, fluxgate / Hall, and delta-sigma current sensing simultaneously. For position feedback, the kit leverages integrated MCU support for interfacing to resolvers and incremental encoders. In addition, customers can also explore configuration options that allow the MCU to be placed on either side of the high-voltage isolation barrier. The IDDK plugs into 110V/220V AC mains, delivers up to 8 Amps and is rated to drive motors up to one horsepower.
DesignDRIVE Software is supported by the C2000 controlSUITE™ package and includes specific examples of vector control of motors, incorporating current, speed and position loops, to help developers jumpstart their evaluation and development. DesignDRIVE Development Kits will serve as a common platform showcasing new drives projects from TI that will be delivered via future controlSUITE releases. In addition, the kits come with TI’s Code Composer Studio™ integrated development environment (IDE), providing code generation and debugging capabilities.
- DesignDRIVE Kit is a single platform to develop and evaluate TI solutions for many drive topologies:
- Integrated full power stage to drive a three-phase motor – 1HP
- Multi-sense current topologies – sigma-delta, fluxgate / Hall, shunt
- Configurable isolation partitioning – hot-side control
- High performance real time control with TMS320F28377D MCU – 800MIPS, Trigonometry and FFT acceleration
- Multi-protocol encoder interface circuits on-board
- Flexible real time connectivity
- Functional safety expansion port
- Mainboard with integrated supplies, inverter power module, sensing and encoder interface circuits
- TMDXCNCD283377D controlCARD
- Integrated heat sink attached to mainboard
- Note: External power supply required
Industrial Servo Drive and AC Inverter Drive Ref. Design
The DesignDRIVE Development Kit is a reference design for a complete industrial drive directly connecting to a three phase ACI or PMSM motor