UCC28780 active clamp fyback converter 45W EVM with UCC24612 and Si MOSFET UCC28780EVM-021 (ACTIVE)
- Using the UCC28780EVM-021
(PDF 1952 KB)
15 May 2018
The UCC28780EVM-021 is a 45-W evaluation module (EVM) for evaluating an off-line active-clamp flyback adapter for notebook charging and other applications. The EVM meets CoC Tier 2 and DoE Level 6 efficiency requirements. It is intended for evaluation purposes and is not intended to be an end product. The UCC28780EVM-021 converts input voltage of 90-VRMS to 264-VRMS down to 20-VDC, with a 2.25-A nominal output current rating and a 160-ms limit for over-power capability. The main devices used in this design are active clamp flyback controller UCC28780, SR controller UCC24612, and Si MOSFETs.
- 45-W, 20-V AC-to-DC converter using active-clamp flyback controller, Si MOSFET Power IC, and synchronous rectification.
- High Efficiency (> 93%), High Power Density (> 20W/in3), Low Standby Power (55mW), and High Switching Frequency (300kHz).
- Exceeds EU Code of Conduct and US Department of Energy efficiency requirements.
- Adaptive Burst Mode feature maintains high efficiency even at light loads.
- This evaluation module is tested and orderable and includes a User's Guide.