UCD3138 Digital Resonant LLC Converter Evaluation Module
The Texas Instruments UCD3138LLCEVM-028 evaluation module (EVM) is a digitally controlled half-bridge Resonant LLC converter based on the UCD3138 programmable digital power controller. The EVM accepts DC input voltage in the range 350V to 400V and delivers a regulated 12V DC output, in the range from zero load to 340W power. The EVM features advanced functions such as synchronous rectification, Constant Current/Constant Power (CC/CP) control mode, burst mode, cycle-by-cycle current limitation with duty cycle matching and current sharing to improve efficiency, system protection and overall functionality. The EVM is supplied with a UCD3138CC64EVM-030 Control Card. This card is pre-programmed with half-bridge resonant LLC firmware developed by Texas Instruments. The EVM also can be reprogrammed with custom firmware, allowing users to add functions suited to their needs. The EVM includes a USB-TO-GPIO Interface Adapter to download firmware and program the UCD3138 controller in the EVM.
Note: UCD3138A is an improved version of UCD3138 and is now available. This digital power supply controller from Texas Instruments intelligently optimizes dead time to deliver superior efficiency and performance.
- Digitally controlled LLC resonant half-bridge DC-DC power conversion DC line input from 350 to 400Vdc
- Regulated output 12Vdc with output from no-load to full-load
- Full-load power 340W, or full-load current 29A
- Synchronous rectification
- Constant Current/Constant Power control mode
- Burst Mode Cycle-by-Cycle current limiting with Duty Cycle Matching Protection: over voltage, over current, and brownout
- PMBUS Communication Test points to facilitate device and topology evaluation