USB Interface Adapter EVM
The bq51221EVM-520 requires USB Interface Adaptive Evaluation Module “USB-TO-GPIO” for I2C interface. If one is not already available to you and I2C is needed then one can be ordered through the eStore. The EVM bundled with the “USB-TO-GPIO” is available at a discounted price for a limited time at the eStore.
- USB Interface Adapter Evaluation Module
(PDF 857 KB)
02 Aug 2006 3,502 views
This EVM serves as an interface adapter or a bridge between a host PC (IBM™ compatible) and one or multiple slave devices via a standard type-A to mini-B USB cable. The communication between the USB interface adapter and the host PC is via USB, while the communication between the USB interface adapter and the slave device(s) is via an inter-integrated circuit (I²C), SMBus, PMBus and/or general-purpose inputs/outputs GPIOs. The bridge converts communication transactions between the USB and serial protocol.
- Supports master mode I²C, SMBus or PMBus as well as GPIO.
- Supports USB1.1 full speed at 12 Mbit/s. The USB interface adapter is recognized by the host as a generic human interface device (HID), so no proprietary USB or HID driver is needed. Therefore, the USB interface adapter can be treated as a USB plug-and-play device.
- Selects different clock speeds (either 100 kHz or 400 kHz) for I²C, PMBus, or SMBus communications.
- Configures different pullup resistors for clock, data and ALERT signals (including open-drain).
- Supports flexible I²C read or write transactions (specify raw data, instead of device address, command, etc.) .
- Includes .NET DLL for supporting Windows .NET GUIs using the adapter.
- No Windows dependencies other than the Microsoft .NET Framework version 2.0.