A fully compliant ZigBee 3.0 solution: Z-Stack 3.0
- Based on ZigBee PRO 2015 and Base Device Behavior specifications, with enhanced security and new, application-agnostic device commissioning methods
- Incorporated support for the CC2592 and CC2590 RF front ends which support +22dBm and +14dBm transmit power, respectively, and provide improved receiver sensitivity
- Z-Stack 3.0 combines multiple previous ZigBee profiles into one unified standard
- Unifies multiple previous application profiles into a single profile, providing an interoperable ecosystem for every device type
- Base Device Behavior defines a common set of mechanisms for network commissioning to be used by all devices
- ZigBee PRO 2015 provides new and improved security modes, including Install Codes for out-of-band key exchange, and Distributed Security Networks for Coordinator-less network topology
- Every ZigBee 3.0 routing device will support Green Power Proxy, allowing energy-harvesting and ultra-low power devices to connect seamlessly
- Forwards and backwards compatibility with previous ZigBee PRO application profiles is maintained
TI recommends using the newest release in order to take advantages of all improvements and new features. Previous Z-Stack releases can be found here.
Texas Instruments is collaborating with Ubilogix to provide an advanced protocol analyzer for IEEE 802.15.4 and ZigBee. Ubilogix Ubiqua Protocol Analyzer supports TI’s CC2531 USB Dongle which can be ordered as the CC2531EMKkit. The Ubiqua is a full featured analyzer that supports IEEE 802.15.4, ZigBee 2007, ZigBee 2007 PRO, ZigBee RF4CE and 6LoWPAN protocols. Ubiqua can import TI's SmartRF Packet Sniffer capture files.
Z-Stack is developed and tested using compilers from IAR. IAR versions used in Z-Stack are available to TI customers for 30 days evaluation at the following link: http://www.iar.com/Products/Wireless-solutions/Tools-for-TI-wireless/.
Please contact your local IAR office for further details on license purchasing.