The SimpleLink™ software development kit
Learn about the SimpleLink™ SDK
The SimpleLink™ SDK is designed for simplified development within one environment using industry standard APIs, our drivers, and TI RTOS to provide a robust foundation for application development
- 100% application code compatibility across SimpleLink MCU portfolio
- Our drivers offer standardized set of functional APIs for integrated peripherals
- Integrated TI-RTOS, a robust, intelligent kernel for complete, out-of-the-box development
- POSIX-compatible APIs offer flexible OS/kernels support
- Encryption-enabled security features
- IoT stacks and plugins to add functionality to your design
- Comprehensive development process and system level testing for robust quarterly releases
100% application code portability
What is code portability?
The SimpleLink platform was designed from the ground up to provide developers with flexibility to scale their product offering by adding new features to existing products or creating complementary solutions while preserving their software investment. Full code portability from one platform device to another means that the development team won’t have to start over with new code or make massive revisions to the code base. In addition, team members won’t have to learn new tools to incorporate the small amount of new application code needed for new features.
How the SimpleLink SDK works
Click through the block diagram below to learn more.
SDK downloads & plug-ins
Choose your SDK
The SimpleLink SDK provides a cohesive and consistent experience by packaging essential software components and easy-to-use examples in one comprehensive package. Everything a customer needs to quickly and efficiently develop new applications using an Arm® Cortex®-M-based MCU from us is included in the SDK, from the drivers and communication stacks to an OS kernel. The SDK is also well integrated into the development environment making advanced debug capabilities easily accessible.
SimpleLink SDK plug-ins
Quality and robustness
Quarterly release cadence
- Time-to-market pressures for embedded developers continue to increase. When relying on a semiconductor vendor’s SDK, release schedule predictability is important for keeping your project on time.
- Updating SimpleLink SDKs quarterly gives you timely access to new features in a predictable cadence.
Tested until hardened
- Each release undergoes a robust suite of system and compatibility testing to ensure that quality remains high.
- Testing includes static analysis, numerous industry standard test suites & relevant system/interoperability testing.
- Release notes on TI.com can be accessed via a link on the software download page outlining what’s new, along with any compatibility or upgrade considerations.
Clear and open licensing
- Online manifests for each SDK release make it easy to understand the associated licensing for all the included software components.
- Common components of the SimpleLink SDK are released under open source licenses.