SimpleLinkTM Zigbee® wireless MCUs
Robust, low-power mesh networks for smart homes and buildings
- Integrated power amplifier for longer range
- Up to +20dBM TX power at 78mA
- Sensor controller for multi-year coin cell use
- Battery-less products with green power support
- Zigbee stack within the SimpleLink SDK
- Zigbee + Bluetooth® Low Energy concurrency support
- 15-year Zigbee legacy, millions of nodes deployed
What is Zigbee?
Zigbee is a worldwide standard for low power, self-healing, mesh networks offering a complete and interoperable IoT solution for home and building automation. Zigbee networks can support hundreds of nodes, and have enhanced security features.
See an example of the Zigbee mesh network topology below:
Wireless MCUs optimized for ultra-low power performance
Our wireless SoCs are specifically designed for ultra-low power performance, utilizing an integrated and autonomous CPU core called the sensor controller for power optimization. The sensor controller allows the main MCU to “nap” between wakeup periods, consuming significantly less power. In the case of a battery powered Zigbee electronic door lock, the sensor controller can monitor touch sensors while the main MCU remains asleep, only waking up the main MCU core once the door lock has been activated. This enables low-power wireless designs to have extended battery lifetimes in connected applications.
Featured Zigbee products
Support and training